Or sign in with one of these services

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Menomenta

07 Altar CC Application ~ [Captain] - Menomenta

Posted (edited)

+- 0 Staying neutral for now, as others have said there are things Meno has done behind the scenes that doesn't get a whole lot of attention/notice, In fact, I'll just be taking RWBY/Areolas's word for it that at the moment as I haven't heard or been involved with anything recently with Meno, but I have indeed tried helping him out in the past with stuff that never ended up being implemented, so I do know you have done behind the scenes stuff and have contributed to the community a lot in the past. 

On the negative side though I do have to agree with the lack of activity, a big part of the community these days is the actual interaction with the community, as without that there is no one around to appreciate other work that is done to improve it. I personally may have seen Meno on once or twice in the cc the past couple months, but I honestly couldn't say for sure. Discord activity is also very low, which I obviously appreciate you have mentioned in the app already at something your looking to improve on. 

I wouldn't be happy giving a +1 as of yet due to the inactivity. But with the work Meno has done in the past and may be doing now behind the scenes means he will not be getting a -1 from me. So neutral for now, but if we see a sharp rise in activity in discord and the cc itself over the next month or so, I'd happily change this to a +1 :)

Edited by JB87

On 7/20/2020 at 9:00 PM, FlutterSkye said:

Hi Meno,

I'm going to be completely honest because this is a rank app and it's meant for opinions and feedback. I've never had a positive interaction with you before. Every time you have something to say in rank chat its to be passive aggressive or rude. I also have never seen you in 07 altar before. I don't know what time zone you're in but never not once I've never seen you. 

fab993eaf1c53b4ed247255e40540911.png

as far as this goes ^ I disagree that it was a problem. It was during the monthly community meeting, and Altar made a decision and people had agreed on it in voice chat. No one said anything to say "no cody doesn't deserve this rank up" because he's active enough in game to where people agree that he should get it. You say that "it was absolutely deserved" but then say it was a problem when it was at the community meeting, which is the time to communicate. Additionally on top of this you don't meet the message requirements.

I'm sorry to hear that, Skye, but I appreciate the feedback. I live in Norway, and usually get on after work, so that might explain why you don't see me around as much.

As for the "problem", I agree that it was a **problem**, but was the issue that came to mind that I wanted to highlight. Not because of the situation per se, but how I wanted to identify an aspect of the community that had potential for improvement.

+0.   Most of what i'd like to say has already been said/discussed.    Thank you for the behind the scenes help, but the inactivity (not just due to timezone, but more so freshly returning to osrs) is stopping me from giving you the nod.

Anonymous poster hash: 89242...52b

Hey Meno, long time no chat :) (my fault not yours lol)

I'm gonna leave a +0 here for you as like has been said above, you don't quite meet the activity requirements. I would suggest to Magiq and Altar to leave this application thread open for a bit longer as you are definitely close and I feel like once you are a bit more active in discord people's responses will change!

You do a lot behind the scenes that people don't see. Perhaps soon in future they will :). Unfortunately though this doesn't necessarily translate to an in game rank, but people should be aware of how helpful you are to the community! For that you have my appreciation. Thank you!

I've never had a negative experience with you bud, I know you make a great rank. Keep up the good work and I'm sure people (myself included) will change their responses for you. Captain is a very high rank so please don't be discouraged if you don't receive it straight away.

Meno is a nice guy! I've seen him in the CC a few times but not too often. I'm assuming he has just been busy in real life or something. I think he's a great guy and he is on but just at odd times of the night. I'm on during all times of the day so I've seen him decently active and more importantly, very helpful when I have questions.

+1

Anonymous poster hash: d41d8...27e

I think with the missing req and lack of activity I will -1 this. Seems like there is more activity now after the criticism which is great but would like to see this persist for a longer period of time and then reapply in the future. That will give more time to reach the requirement stated in the application as well.

i rarely see meno and when i do it's generally early mornings EST when i seem  him he seems fairly helpful i know I've seen him say things to people speaking Spanish in cc mostly warnings  (myself included when i was trying to help some random who didn't speak English at all, my fault really since it's a rule was just trying to help another person out though and their pms were off at the time )  seems helpful would like to see him get a rank-up some time in the future however for right now i am gonna have to go with a

-1 for being inactive and not meeting the requirements as other's have said

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.