Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Menomenta

07 Altar CC Application ~ [Captain] - Menomenta

• Your display name:
    Menomenta
  • Have you been an active 07 Altar Lieutenant Rank for 4+ months?
    Yes
  • What date did you get your Bronze Star Rank?
    10/07/19
  • Have you been recommended to apply by another rank?
    No
  • Have you posted consistent and constructive feedback on other players' forum applications?
    Yes
  • What is your Content Count?
  • Have you been active in Discord chat and/or voice?
    Yes
  • Have you Acquired at least 30 Hours of Voice Chat or 400 Text Messages within the last 90 Days in the Altar Server Discord?
    No (95 messages, 3 minutes)
  • What is the command to remove a verified host from the House Host Tracker if they already left the Altar Server Discord?
    !cleanup
  • Have you recruited and/or assisted new hosts in using the House Host Tracker?
    Yes
  • Have you helped others in chat, called open hosts, and applied efficient moderation techniques?
    Yes
  • What interested you in wanting to become an 07 Altar Community Captain?
    I'm applying for Captain as I want to continue to be an integral part of the evolution and maintenance of the community.
  • What is the value of helping a new player join the chat?
    With each new player, the community gains an additional member. The member doesn't necessarily have to be extremely active, or even host a lot, but each member brings a new perspective and life to the overall community. This is especially true for non-hosting content, or just for the social aspect, for which the latter has become increasingly prevalent during quarantine.
  • Describe a problematic situation you've experienced within the community and how you handled it.
    While not problematic per se, and this touches on one of my later answers, Cody's rank-up (which was absolutely deserved) was poorly executed and communicated.
    In this case, the "problem" was due to miscommunication of the guidelines related to rank-ups, and showcased a lack of consistency in this matter.
    This was handled by bringing up the matter in rank chat, and asking for further clarification.

As this is a core aspect to the community, I thought it was important to clarify the rank-up process both from the leadership and from the community, to better communication across the two.
  • Describe how you've grown as a leader within the community during your time as a lieutenant and how being a rank has made you evolve/mature?
    I joined the forums on January 17, 2019, having been a member of 07 Altar for a long period leading up to that. From that time, not only from OSRS and the CC, but from personal life as well, I feel like I have grown a lot, and gained a much wider perspective. I wouldn't credit this to the rank alone, but rather contributing to the overall change in character.
  • Describe what you consider to be one of your personal weaknesses and how you plan to handle/overcome it to be an effective community leader.
    My greatest weakness is lack of self-insight. /s
    But jokes aside, I am not as present in the discord as I would like to be, and my presence in voice-chat is lacking. This is something I'm trying to improve upon.
  • Upon attaining Captain, how do you believe you will continue to better the community and what goals do you wish to accomplish as the rank of Captain?
    None of the goals that I want to accomplish necessarily require Captain rank, but I believe that it would be a stepping stone towards greater change.
    One of the things I'd like to contribute heavily towards is more clan events. This could be as little as meeting up in voice chat for some games, or managing and planning raids for and with the CC.
    This is not meant to shift the direction of the community, but rather build on it and try to have a little something for everyone.

Additionally, I'm striving to better the CC by helping develop new tools, such as an improved HHT and others.
  • Do you have any additional feedback you’d like to share about your experiences in the community?
    While the community is always evolving and changing, clear and consistent guidelines is something the community could do better. Whether this is related to moderation, rank-ups, or social activites, I believe that the community can really improve on this. Not necessarily only through change of action, but by better communication, both within and outside the ranks.
  • Do you have any additional information you'd like to share?
    None other than what has been said in my previous answers.

Going to opt with a +1, I've only just come back to OSRS so I can't really vouch for your in-game time however I know that you are currently working on some "Behind the scenes" stuff that'll benefit the community. 
Discord activity aside as you are aware about it and you plan on improving it already. Your answers are well thought out and I believe you'll do well as a captain. 

Posted (edited)

I’m going to stay neutral. Meno is very active in cc, but when it comes to the discord requirements they are lacking. I feel that to keep it fair and to follow the rank guidelines, you need to work on them. Other than that I think you’d make a great captain rank. 

i am changing my neutrality to a -1. 

Edited by Shredder133

To be fair I have not seen him online enough to have any kind of interaction. I trust my peers in their decisions.

Posted (edited)

Hi Meno,

I'm going to be completely honest because this is a rank app and it's meant for opinions and feedback. I've never had a positive interaction with you before. Every time you have something to say in rank chat its to be passive aggressive or rude. I also have never seen you in 07 altar before. I don't know what time zone you're in but never not once I've never seen you. 

fab993eaf1c53b4ed247255e40540911.png

as far as this goes ^ I disagree that it was a problem. It was during the monthly community meeting, and Altar made a decision and people had agreed on it in voice chat. No one said anything to say "no cody doesn't deserve this rank up" because he's active enough in game to where people agree that he should get it. You say that "it was absolutely deserved" but then say it was a problem when it was at the community meeting, which is the time to communicate. Additionally on top of this you don't meet the message requirements.

I know you're working on other discord stuff and have been for a while and the community does appreciate it, but at this time I'm giving my opinion and honest answer 

Edited by FlutterSkye

im fairly new to this rank thing but want to get involved so here i go...

starting off with saying -1 for me just based of not meeting requirements for the rank.

also noticed you want to plan raids or cc events, and that has already been happening for like the past 2-3months for like 12-14+hours a day lol and have not seen you on to be honest. i did see you interact with cc a couple days ago and you were very helpful. Maybe we are just in different time zones but i dont know.

Posted (edited)

I'm going to edit this to a neutral from me. After being on during some odd hours in the chat, I've noticed you're on in a very awkward time period. 😀

-1/+1 for me. I personally have not seen you in the clan chat recently, however that can be a difference in timezones for blame. Another issue I have is you specifically brought up a former rank up and an issue with rank up guidelines, and applied while not meeting the guidelines currently. 

Edited by Mxdirtbike
Switching from a negative to a neutral decision.

Just now, Mxdirtbike said:

Another issue I have is you specifically brought up a former rank up and an issue with rank up guidelines, and applied while not meeting the guidelines currently. 

In Meno's defence here, The only requirement that Meno doesn't technically meet is the discord requirements. Time requirements are more important imo, outside of that he does highlight a rather solid point because it was a heavily discussed topic and was done for two players not just one. When properly explained it was all good but it was done without any explanation and was left for a while.

i was borderline neutral based off of your inactivity, but i have seen you make a nice return to the game. Like rwby said, there is a lot of stuff that goes on behind the screen, and meno is one of those that helped out a lot. he used to help with advertising the cc, as well as the hht stuff. i know once hes 100% back he'll continue to do what he does. pretty tough decision tbh. Also, i know you come on on those 'weird hours' when the cc is pretty much dead and no one is on. 

+1

I don't often see Meno in Discord or the clan chat; in the past 2 months, I have maybe seen Meno in the cc at most five times. I acknowledge that we may just play the game at different times so others can weigh in on Meno's activity if they so choose. I also acknowledge that Meno does A LOT behind the scenes for the CC and I am grateful for it but I am still going to -1.

I am partially giving a -1 because of Meno's comments in his application, partially due to inactivity.

"clear and consistent guidelines is something the community could do better. Whether this is related to moderation, rank-ups, or social activites, I believe that the community can really improve on this. Not necessarily only through change of action, but by better communication, both within and outside the ranks."

We already do this well and have been doing a really good job of it recently, so much so that it has been mentioned at the last two community meetings. This statement surprised me because in the last two community meetings we discussed moderation and how to maintain uniformity in the enforcement of the cc rules, from discussing how to handle drug talk (and how different drug discussions deserve different considerations when moderating, ex. marijuana vs. heroin) to how to handle certain inappropriate usernames. I cant recall any argument between ranks regarding moderation techniques in the past couples months either, while there used to be many arguments when I was a 1bar and for part of my time as a 3bar. We do a really great job nowadays of listening to the opinions of other ranks and working together to confront issues, and I don't agree with Meno's opinion relating to consistent guidelines, moderation, rank-ups, or social activities. I understand that this is simply opinion vs. opinion.

"None of the goals that I want to accomplish necessarily require Captain rank, but I believe that it would be a stepping stone towards greater change.
One of the things I'd like to contribute heavily towards is more clan events. This could be as little as meeting up in voice chat for some games, or managing and planning raids for and with the CC."

I do not believe that rank-ups need to be necessary for them to happen, so that I'm not worried about. However, I dont really see why a rank-up would be appropriate here based on the above quote. If Meno would like to contribute to the community more, we shouldn't preemptively give Meno a rank-up because he intends to do more for the community, we should give a rank-up once it actually occurs. This is not to say that the future contribution wont occur, but what I am saying is that giving a rank-up based on planned future activity is not proper. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.