C0dy

07 Altar CC Application ~ [Lieutenant] - C0dy

• Your display name:
    C0dy
  • Have you been an active 07 Altar Sergeant Rank for 4+ months?
    Yes
  • What date did you get your Three Bar Rank?
    10/07/19
  • Have you been recommended to apply by another rank?
    FlutterSkye
  • Have you posted consistent and constructive feedback on other players' forum applications?
    Yes
  • What is your Content Count?
  • Have you been active in Discord chat and/or voice?
    Yes
  • Have you Acquired at least 30 Hours of Voice Chat or 300 Text Messages within the last 90 Days in the Altar Server Discord?
    No (149 at time of writing)
  • What is the command to unhost a verified host from the House Host Tracker?
    !unhost -a @username
  • Have you recruited and/or assisted new hosts in using the House Host Tracker?
    Yes
  • Have you helped others in chat, called open hosts, and applied efficient moderation techniques?
    Yes
  • What interested you in wanting to become an 07 Altar Community Lieutenant?
    This is a great community of players that I find myself becoming more and more attached to and as a result I find myself committed to making it the best environment possible for everyone.
  • Scenario Question: Someone in the chat asks "What do hosts get out of hosting?" and someone replies "they get donations", how would you handle this situation?
    Make sure the new player knows not to feel pressured into donating just because of this, While it is true nowadays we see many hosts are solely hosting for profit, it should never be the norm.
  • Scenario Question: MULTIPLE people in the cc are arguing with each other, and when you step in to intervene, they turn on you and hurl personal insults at you. How do you handle this situation?
    Hey look, an example I've dealt with recently!

There were sexist comments being made in the CC. I called them out and warned the individuals in question that this is a kind of behavior that isn't tolerated. One of them (who we later found out was Naaki) then told me to "sit the fuck down" so I kicked him, not because the insult was directed at me, but because that behavior directly challenged the warning I gave them.

So that's one example I suppose. Generally I attempt to warn people multiple times, but since the behavior in question was frankly so juvenile and *people should know better,* I kicked him sooner rather than later.
  • Question: Being a good role model is important as a high rank. Why/how does being a good role model improve the community?
    For me, it's all about leading by example. I want to do better so I can help encourage others to do better themselves. When we work to make our environment as comfortable and inviting for everyone as we possibly can, the rest almost falls into place by itself!
  • Question: How do you, as a person, handle stressful situations or pressure?
    I feel I am a level-headed decision maker. I do my best to reach a solution that works well for not only myself, but everyone involved.
  • Question: Describe your leadership style and how would it be beneficial to the community?
    I find my most powerful tool is common sense. When someone is doing something they *know* they shouldn't be doing, I'm going to call them out for it. And again, I want to be the best I can so I can help others be the best they can!
  • Describe how you have grown as a leader within the community and how being a rank has made you evolve/mature?
    I guess the biggest example is just becoming more familiar to everyone. I really do not like to take sole credit for anything because in 99% of cases everything we do is a team effort! But I like to think that I have, at least a little bit, helped our community grow and continue to serve players.
  • Do you have any additional feedback you’d like to share about your experiences in the community?
    I love you guys, thanks a lot for being good to me and I hope we can continue to make 07 Altar and the Altar community grow and prosper.
  • Do you have any additional information you'd like to share?
    A note: I'm aware I'm not as active in Discord as the rank app suggests. I am working on this to the best of my ability. Skye suggested that I should go ahead and apply regardless (thanks Skye! <3)
  • What is the command to unhost a verified host from the House Host Tracker?
    !unhost -a @username (this is a duplicate question on the app btw :P)
Edited by C0dy

+1
Whilst on the technicality that C0dy doesn't meet the discord requirements that doesn't change the fact that his input on discord is overall beneficial. C0dy is happy to voice any opinions regarding the improvement of the ranked team which is crucial due to recent changes.

He's also active/helpful in-game and is an important asset of the chat

Cody is always there to solve issues or disputes in cc. He may not be fully active on discord but I don’t think that should disqualify him from the rank he’s applying for. He’s a good leader and always helps those around him. +1

I recommended C0dy for bronze star because I feel like he has earned it. He goes out of his way to help people in the cc and is always active in the #osrs-rank-chat always trying to communicate and fix issues or whatever it may be. I know he doesn't meet the discord requirements but I still feel as if he is ready for it.

+1

+1 from me too, agree with what has been mentioned about the discod Requirements too, while its not his most active platform, he's in there when he's needed and has no problems having discussions about how to improve the team.

With regards to the cc activity it is an even better story, he's one of the most active ranks about at the moment, your almost guaranteed to see him in there every day and is making conversation in there most of the time. He also moderates the cc well and have seen him deal with different situations well :)

Keep it up man, agree with Skye that you've worked your way to this rank and it's definitely deserved at this point, not to mention more active higher up ranks is something that is definitely needed on the cc side of things at the moment, to which C0dy fits the role needed perfectly :)

+1 from me I agree with everything even the part about not having the discord requirements. C0dy is a perfect candidate for that star and I hope he gets it keep up the great work buddy