FlutterSkye

07 Altar CC Application ~ [Lieutenant] - FlutterSkye

• Your display name:
    FlutterSkye
  • Have you been an active 07 Altar Sergeant Rank for 4+ months?
    Yes
  • What date did you get your Three Bar Rank?
    11/06/19
  • Have you been recommended to apply by another rank?
  • Have you posted consistent and constructive feedback on other players' forum applications?
    Yes
  • What is your Content Count?
  • Have you been active in Discord chat and/or voice?
    Yes
  • Have you Acquired at least 30 Hours of Voice Chat or 300 Text Messages within the last 90 Days in the Altar Server Discord?
    366 hours and 44 minutes/5338 messages hecking yeet
  • What is the command to unhost a verified host from the House Host Tracker?
    !unhost -a @heck
  • Have you recruited and/or assisted new hosts in using the House Host Tracker?
    Yes
  • Have you helped others in chat, called open hosts, and applied efficient moderation techniques?
    Yes
  • What interested you in wanting to become an 07 Altar Community Lieutenant?
    I'm interested in becoming an 07 Altar Lieutenant because I care about the growth of the community. Between being a sergeant and a lieutenant I can do the same job that I already have been doing, but similar with rs3 it holds you more accountable for decisions you make. Most people know this but I'm silver star rs3 and I continue to do the best job I can there everyday. I play on 2 accounts and on my main I am in 07 altar and on my Ironman Im in altar fc. I'm on everyday and I always try to actively moderate chat and be a valued member of a great community. At the same time I do have a skiller and an osrs main (Minnie Skye and Star Skye). I'm a bit burnt out on playing osrs at the moment but I'm still in the 07 altar chat everyday on rs3.
  • Scenario Question: Someone in the chat asks "What do hosts get out of hosting?" and someone replies "they get donations", how would you handle this situation?
    My go to response for this one is "Yes you may get donations and that helps cover the cost of the materials, but you don't host for money. It's more for the community volunteering your time to help others." For 07 altar I would change my expected response to be more of a "People find enjoyment of letting others use their altar and it helps them out to train prayer and stuff"
  • Scenario Question: MULTIPLE people in the cc are arguing with each other, and when you step in to intervene, they turn on you and hurl personal insults at you. How do you handle this situation?
    I have posted multiple screenshots in both #rs3-rank-chat and #osrs-rank-chat about this before because this happens on occasion. A technique that can be used anywhere in any professional or causal scenario in real life or online in any chat is to "suggest" an idea. You never tell someone hey do this it's more of an impact to suggest "hey have you ever tried this?". In context for this question it would be "Hey guys do you think we can change the subject" w/ or w/o a reason if necessary. Another approach is to try and just talk about something different which works only some of the time. For example blah blah blah over here and Ill say "hey is there an afk way to train agility?" It is just something for people to talk to me and change the subject.
  • Question: Being a good role model is important as a high rank. Why/how does being a good role model improve the community?
    Being a good role model improves the community because people will look up to you. If you do or say a certain thing people will see that and remember it. It is about setting a good example and being the best you can be. You're always representing so anywhere and everywhere that you go you carry that.
  • Question: How do you, as a person, handle stressful situations or pressure?
    I do this a lot because I am a musician. I perform a lot and the best way to handle that performance anxiety or stress is to have that realization that a situation is stressful then you can focus on whatever you're doing. It's not easy and takes years to build that up.
  • Question: Describe your leadership style and how would it be beneficial to the community?
    You know for a long time I thought moderation was "common sense" and after a certain amount of time it is. But you get to that point you need to make mistakes and understand what happens and where you went wrong. I only lasted as long as I have here because I went into everything saying "what can I learn from this". After seeing the same situation twice you know what to do because you learned from it before in the past. Similar to when a lawyer goes to school they study and memorize court cases, so that they can help their clients and compare past cases with the present and compare outcomes. After going through enough "court cases" you learn what is right and wrong. It is priceless to be able to do that and I do thank the altar community for this opportunity.
  • Describe how you have grown as a leader within the community and how being a rank has made you evolve/mature?
    Like I said above you really learn from making mistakes. It's the mistakes that you grow from because you learn what to do and what not to do in the future.
  • Do you have any additional feedback you’d like to share about your experiences in the community?
    Am glad to be here so shanks for having me <3
  • Do you have any additional information you'd like to share?
    neigh
    !unhost -a @heck

This is a very easy +1 for me as it is incredibly apparent to me that Skye is dedicated to making the Altar and 07 Altar communities as a whole the best we possibly can. She is very active in 07 Altar and I think her dedication to the community as a whole should be applauded.

Edited by C0dy

Wait, Skye doesn't already have higher than a 3 bar? Very helpful. Very nice. Very easy +1

Ezpz +1. Skye is always helping out and I could see her giving the shirt off her back if it would help someone else. She always helped me when I was learning the hht commands and with any other questions I had. If I could +100 I would. She is also a active host on rs3. 

On 2/5/2020 at 5:36 PM, C0dy said:

This is a very easy +1 for me as it is incredibly apparent to me that Skye is dedicated to making the Altar and 07 Altar communities as a whole the best we possibly can. She is very active in 07 Altar and I think her dedication to the community as a whole should be applauded.

On 2/5/2020 at 5:54 PM, Shandog said:

Wait, Skye doesn't already have higher than a 3 bar? Very helpful. Very nice. Very easy +1

On 2/5/2020 at 6:52 PM, Shredder133 said:

Ezpz +1. Skye is always helping out and I could see her giving the shirt off her back if it would help someone else. She always helped me when I was learning the hht commands and with any other questions I had. If I could +100 I would. She is also a active host on rs3. 

Thank you guys for your quick feedback 😇

On 2/5/2020 at 10:03 PM, FlutterSkye said:
  • !unhost -a @heck

-1 please don't swear in rank up applications. This is serious business.

I kid obviously, very easy +1 like others have said, Skye is an exemplary member of this community and her commitment to it is unmatched by anyone around at this moment in time. She is obviously also a very high up member of the RS3 side of things but any moderation techniques etc. are easily transferable between the two games.

To be honest I don't know what else to say, I could go on and on about what she does well but that would never end, short thing is she never does anything bad and 100% deserves the rank up!

I honestly thought I +1'd this already must have mistaken it with your 3 bar app, deff +1 from me