Menomenta

07 Altar CC Application ~ [Lieutenant] - Menomenta

• Your display name:
    Menomenta
  • Have you been an active 07 Altar Sergeant Rank for 4+ months?
    Yes
  • What date did you get your Three Bar Rank?
    03/10/19
  • Have you been recommended to apply by another rank?
  • Have you provided consistent and constructive feedback on other players' applications?
    Yes
  • What is your forum post count?
  • Have you been active in Discord chat and/or voice?
    Yes
  • Have you Acquired at least 30 Hours of Voice Chat or 300 Text Messages within the last 90 Days in the Altar Server Discord?
    Messages 90 Days: 471 messages | Voice 90 Days: 2 hours
  • Please list your House Host Tracker Activity Score and make sure that it is at least 150+ .
  • Have you recruited and/or assisted new hosts in using the House Host Tracker?
    Yes
  • Have you helped others in chat, called open hosts, and applied efficient moderation techniques?
    Yes
  • What interested you in wanting to become an 07 Altar Community Lieutenant?
    Since joining the community, the positivity and fellowship stood out from other communities in OSRS. What I wrote in the application for Seargent still applies - it is a community that I love to partake in, and I want to see it thrive. I would like to take a greater part in maintaining and caring for [07 Altar], as well as the Discord server.

I hope to take on a larger amount of responsibility within the community as a Lieutenant, and I am looking forward to many more hours in- and out-of-game with you all.
  • Scenario Question: Someone in the chat asks "What do hosts get out of hosting?" and someone replies "they get donations", how would you handle this situation?
    To be honest, some hosts are in it for the money. But when it comes to a great many of the hosts in [07 Altar], there is a larger picture to be seen, and that is providing a service to OSRS.
    Most of us has enjoyed many of the perks PoH provides us; teleports, pools, gilded altar, etc. It is why I started hosting myself - there was an open house for me back then, so I will open my house whenever I can for everyone else. I hope as many hosts as possible will share this perspective with me.

So if anyone were to answer "they get donations", or "just for the money", I'd try to incorporate the essence of providing a service for the OSRS playerbase in my response.
  • Scenario Question: MULTIPLE people in the cc are arguing with each other, and when you step in to intervene, they turn on you and hurl personal insults at you. How do you handle this situation?
    If they have all turned on me, at least they are no longer arguing. While personal insults should not be tolerated, some times it is better to take the heat and let the original argument pass.
    Perhaps they can all unite in their new, common enemy; me.
  • Question: Being a good role model is important as a high rank. Why/how does being a good role model improve the community?
    If I were to sum it up: "monkey see, monkey do".
    Players in a positive community tend to act more kindly towards one another, and ranks should provide this fundament for both veterans and new players in the chat. Something as simple as asking "how you've been" or recognizing the achievements of others (milestones, diaries, etc.) is a great way to start.

And vice versa, if ranks and role models spit insults or use derogatory language, this makes it seem acceptable for other players in the chat, leading to an evil cycle.
  • Question: How do you, as a person, handle stressful situations or pressure?
    I have no issues in dealing with stress, or working under pressure.
    This is reflected in what might be a personal motto of sorts; "slow is smooth, smooth is fast". Take your time and do it right, and you won't have to do it twice. E.g. type what you mean to write as accurate as you can, and you won't be misunderstodd leading to time-consuming explanations or misunderstandings.
  • Question: Describe your leadership style and how would it be beneficial to the community?
    Before all, I like to describe myself as a positive person. I keep a cool head, and always make sure to see both sides of the story before acting. *
    I approach players with kindness, and cherish their curiosity of the game. Whenever a new (or old) player has a question, I try my best to answer. If I don't know the answer, I look it up on the wiki or refer the player to someone more knowledgeable. In doing so, I hope this will lead to other players picking up this behaviour, benefitting the community.

* ahem, Iron Magiq =/= Magiq. Sorry :(
  • Describe how you have grown as a leader within the community and how being a rank has made you evolve/mature?
    I've noticed a change in the way I communicate in the CC, especially in writing more clearly and concisely. This applies especially when typing out warnings, leaving less room for erroneous interpretation.
    Stating clearly what kind of behaviour is not accepted yields better results than a simple "stop it".

It has also made me enjoy the game more, and I see playing OSRS and interacting with [07 Altar] as synonymous.
  • Do you have any additional feedback you’d like to share about your experiences in the community?
    Like previosly stated, I enjoy this community whenever I play. However, I still believere there are some areas that could be improved upon that resonates with the aim of the Altar community:
    - Make it easier for advertisers to co-ordinate advertisement
    - Establish a way for players to quickly connect with bone runners through discord
    - More community events; PvM and PvP comes to mind, but earlier events like in-game and Discord challenges would also be a great addition.

Some of these I have already started working on, and projects like the AdvertBot and BoneRunner Bot for the Discord server are already well in the making.

+1 Meno is always being helpful in the cc and is someone who is able to answer questions people have with ease. Always a positive person to have in the cc. I believe he deserves this rank up, so that he may continue to do "monkey see, monkey do" with a higher rank so that it has even more meaning to the newer people in the cc that the ranks care about them.

Easy +1, He's always friendly and helpful in the cc and at times puts himself second just to go that extra mile to help players. Meno is also working hard behind the scenes in order to help improve the community and increase ease of communication in regards to current advertisers. Pretty sure other will add everything else in 

I'm not a fan of how black and white the whole +/-1 thing is because on one end it's total support and on the other its just a no. But I feel like a rank up just isn't appropriate because of how early past the 4+ month minimum it is.

I feel that we are going to see a wave of these Lieutenant applications because of the change that made it smiley -> 3 bar and most of them just shouldn't happen only because I feel that Lieutenant is more than just a vanity/kick rank, it is the first step of becoming a pillar of the community.

It is great that you help out in the chat and deal with the seemingly endless daily bait, and that you update the tracker. But that's what a 3 bar does. This is also sorta what I wanted to post in Matt's application but I'm just gonna only say it here.

This may be a fairly unpopular opinion but I needed to say it.

Gonna be a -1 for now, keep up the good work though Meno. What you do in the CC is great.

• +1 2

Posted (edited)

Agree with guam -1 for now also with the hht requirement is only at 150 I don't feel many of the 3 bar ranks update it as much as they should be doing as is with a  hht score of 180 so far it doesn't seem like you have been updating as much when there is a lot of opportunity as I have seen. seen you in the cc a lot but no tracker update but the cc interactions are awesome when you are there.

Edited by kil4host