A +1 from me now Altar has kindly clarified I do actually have a vote ^_^

Contxt has always been quick answering questions and listing hosts; and has been a credible asset to the calibre of discussion. Pending the (potential?) requirements of time in service - he would make a fine sergeant for the CC

Kil is probably our best smiley rank we have atm in terms of helping out the prayer community. He has had 2-3 adverts running in rimmington for the past month (which is by far impressive and underappreciated), fills in for hosts when needed, and moderates the discord chat very well. I've not been as active recently, so idk how he is in the game chat, but from what I've seen, I think he'd make a great 3 bar, and help continue to improve our community. Hes also been around the community since last year. Definitely +1 from me

Kil4host clearly puts in an absolute shift with regard to advertising and using the HHT on discord and I really appreciate all of that, but, given it's only been 18 days since smiley was approved, I don't think I've had time to see enough in game to support this rank up just yet.

I'd like to see Kil4host speaking more in the CC first, personally - so that me and others get to know him better because I really think that's important in order to moderate more effectively. I've pulled a lot of hours the last couple weeks and haven't seen much of him which is a shame and hopefully something that will change. There's been a lot of really nice people in the CC lately who'd like to get to know ya too I'm sure :) 

stayin neutral for now

Kil4host seems to be very active in discord and advertising but i don't think I've ever seen him talk in the clan chat. He might be more than qualified, but seeing as 3 bars can kick I'd love to see him actually interact more in the osrs community before being able to kick. The discord seems to be the only important thing these days and it's almost exclusively rs3, it isnt quite the same thing. Regardless good luck on the app!

I'm gunna agree for all of the above, really goes above and beyond when it comes to the hosting and advertising side of things in the community, as well as a real decent dude!

However I am also going to have to agree that 18 days since your last approval just isn't quite enough time yet... it's not a bad thing, a lot of us have put in early apps in the past (myself included). Once the time requirement has been met this will 110% be a +1 from me :)

Keep up the good work dude! The rank will come :)

Posted (edited)

as a relative newbie just want to mention Kil was the one who helped me join the Altar Discord when I first started hosting with you all and he went above and beyond in making sure I knew how to register and host, answering all questions I had about HHT, and it really made me want to become a member of this community! Nothing but respect for Kil and I think that kind of kindness is a great quality for a rank to have.

I also want to mention that his adverts were wonderful to have during my first few hosts as I figured things out and also he was very active in the chat notifying folks of open hosts. He also was constantly checking on open hosts to keep the HHT up to date, I can personally verify this as he was in and out of my portal to verify that I was still open and hosting.

Edited by C0dy

Whilst I haven't seen you much in game recently I'm presuming due to timezones or myself being in the Altar FC instead I have seen you in the discord, Dude seems friendly and goes above and beyond to assist with advertising & hosting when necessary. Whilst yes it has been a rather short time since your promotion to smiley there are times where the time requirement is overlooked, Continue showing the community & ranks that you want this. Speaking from experience as I too applied for Sergeant roughly 3 weeks after receiving Smiley.

Will follow the herd and +1 here.

7 hours ago, JB87 said:

However I am also going to have to agree that 18 days since your last approval just isn't quite enough time yet... it's not a bad thing, a lot of us have put in early apps in the past (myself included). Once the time requirement has been met this will 110% be a +1 from me :)

I've never been a fan of some arbitrary time requirement. However, the reason a time requirement would exist is surely so that there's enough time to participate in the CC and for everyone to form an opinion on someone. 

11 hours ago, kil4host said:
  • What interested you in wanting to become an 07 Altar Community Sergeant?
    To help moderate the chat a bit better than it has been so far as I've seen it. to help new hosts/ranks feel comfortable to be in the cc as well as the discord.
  • What skills do you believe you bring to the table and how do you plan on using these skills to benefit the community as an 07 Altar CC Sergeant?
    More moderations to the cc , helping the community with bringing in new hosts /ranks

Smiley ranks can definitely moderate the CC as kicking is generally a last resort. Shandog, for example, does this very well. I understand if someone doesn't want to talk in the CC that much, especially after a long day of work, but as I said in my reply before, being known by the non ranks in the CC goes a long way when it comes to effectively moderating. To give one example, being able to steer conversation in a different direction is often far more effective than outright asking somebody to drop something.

I have a lot of good things to say about Kil4host, but I care about the CC and it feels like a lot of the values we had before are being lost to too much of a focus on the discord. Participation in chat should be required for a 3 bar in my opinion, at least if you're wanting to rank up after less than 3 weeks, and that's not something I've really seen.

Posted (edited)

Im going to have to agree with sid and JB. 

in regards to the time requirement, whilst this requirement has often previously been seen as more of a formality than an actual requirement we have recently changed the process of applications to make them more streamlined allowing applicants to know exactly what is required to gain each rank. since this revamp of the processes multiple applications which have either been declined or those applying have been required to meet those requirements before obtaining their rank ups. I, therefore, believe that more time is needed as a smiley both so many of those in the cc can get to know you better and if nothing else principal should be followed.

if your unable to moderate the cc in a way that is effective as a smiley then being able to kick isn't going to change the way that you moderate the chat, as sid stated kicking should only be a last resort or for those who deliberate act is to cause issues with racial slurs or hate speech.

don't get me wrong you're doing wonderful things for the cc and don't let this put you off continuing to be a part of our community because with a bit more time you will 100% get the rank up you desire, continue to engage more with the cc and im sure you will go far within the cc

Edited by g0t ur b0w