Matt 2007

07 Altar CC Application ~ [Lieutenant] - Matt 2007

• Your display name:
    Matt 2007
  • Have you achieved 150+ Activity Score on the House Host Tracker?
    No
  • Have you been active in 07 Altar Community for 8+ months?
    Yes
  • Have you been active in Discord chat and/or voice?
    Yes
  • Have you provided consistent and constructive feedback on other players' applications?
    Yes
  • Have you recruited and/or assisted new hosts in using the House Host Tracker?
    Yes
  • Have you helped others in chat, called open hosts, and applied efficient moderation techniques?
    Yes
  • What interested you in wanting to become an 07 Altar Community Lieutenant?
    I decided to apply after being recommended by multiple ranks.
  • What can you do to improve the clan/yourself as a member of the 07 Altar Community?
    I mainly focus on moderating the chat effectively and giving advise to newer players. I'm consistently seen as a role-model for players already (pmod btw) and get bombarded with questions almost every time I enter the chat, so I've got experience with helping and answering questions.
  • Scenario Question 1: Being a good role model is important as a high rank. Why does being a good role model improve the community?
    Newer players tend to see a little icon next your name that symbolizes a position of "power" and therefore look up to you when they have any questions. Being a good role model creates a much better atmosphere in the cc and also helps players become more interested in the clan as a whole.
  • Scenario Question 2: Someone in the chat asks "What do hosts get out of hosting?" and someone replies "they get donations", how would you handle this situation?
    Although getting donations is a part of hosting, it's important for the players who are hosting to understand that donations are few and far between. A lot of hosts and more specifically ranks in the cc, only host for the means of helping other players which should be one of the main reasons a player gets into hosting.
  • Please share any feedback you have.
    I do not meet the host tracker requirement listed above. However, although I see how the host tracker is an extremely helpful tool that is used by the cc, I do not think that reaching a certain score with it should be a pre-req for ranking up. A few ranks that I've noticed have alt accounts (lusfr / JB87 etc) which use ahk scripts. (which I obviously wont use) These accounts will be used to advert the cc and make sure that the host tracker is consistently up to date. It seems very pointless to me to have every single rank try to update the host tracker on a consistent basis if we have ranks who are already dedicated enough to make alts and do it. Now that I've said that, I do not mean to fully dismiss the host tracker by any means. When I am online and see a player asking for a host, I'll gladly type out the hosts to them (without using an ahk script, which normally means I don't get to it first) and if a notification goes off about the host tracker not being updated within 180 minutes than I'll do my best to update it ASAP.
  • +1 2

Posted (edited)

I do think (even without the activity score) he is a great rank. He does a lot to help people out in the cc and is good at moderating. Also, yes a pmod can't use scripts due to being a pmod. Which is understandable. I think he explained the host activity score well, due to being  updated consistently by ranks who have adverts up makes it a little difficult to get the needed req. overall though I do think he should be able to rank-up even without the needed activity score. He makes up for it in other ways imo. He is extremely helpful with spam bots (which he can mute) and helping out player with the barrage of questions he receives just for being a pmod.

I told Matt to apply for a rankup because i genuinely believe he deserves it, and he's a great player and friend.

Edited by Lusfr_

+1 Matt is an amazing rank and no doubt is deserving. I don't have a negative thing to say about him and totally understand the ahk script reasoning. Thanks for being an awesome clan mate. 

+1 Matt is an amazing pmod, rank, and friend. I could not imagine anyone that deserves this more than Matt.

Legit though the only thing I would have bought up is hitting that HHT activity score but he makes a great point about it and as others have stated, makes up for it in many other ways.

PS plz dont report for ahk script 😉

+1 ^^^^^^

He doesn’t use the host tracker often, but I don’t think that should matter. Excellent rank

• +1 1

You're definitely a great guy and an awesome rank. I spoke to Lusfr about the activity score issue, and I 100% understand. Also, it doesn't look good for a pmod to be controlling a bot :P. I hope you can at least help us recruit hosts into the cc, cuz it might be easier for you...with your status and all. Overall, I feel you deserve the promotion due to how well you moderate and control the cc. +1

Posted (edited)

Not sure whether he has actually been in the community for 8 months or not but considering i have not been playing osrs for that long he probably has and i just did not realize it, but he is definitely a great rank and i agree with giving him bronze star for sure.

+1

Edited by FluffyKitty